Thursday, May 03, 2012

The 2012-2013 Season Predictions

It is always tough to envision what is going to happen over the course of an NFL season. I have begun the process of trying to predict the records for teams during the 2012-2013 season. I am using a formula I read about in the book Mathletics by Wayne Winston. The formula uses points for and points against to get winning percentage, and try to determine a teams outcome for the season. Over the following weeks I will go through division by division and display my findings. After the analysis with last years stats I will look at teams and try to determine what their off-season moves did to change their production on offense and defense. At that time I will have new results for how many games the teams won and will write about those. It is a long process but should prove to be interesting. I am currently working on the AFC East. The teams in the East will be the first ones to have their data displayed.

No comments: