Tuesday, August 21, 2012

10 Man Live Draft. IDP. Max PPG.

I used Max PPG when I drafted my fantasy team. It was a live draft, ten man league with the following positions required:

  • 1 Quarterback
  • 2 Running Backs
  • 3 Wide Receivers
  • 1 Tight End
  • 3 Defensive Players any position
  • 2 Defensive Backs
  • 1 Kicker
  • 6 Bench spots

 The host typed the names into a notepad document which was displayed on the TV. Using a laptop and Max PPG I had everything conveniently right in front of me. Most people resorted to printed lists with projections, or notes on players they had stored on laptops. I found Max PPG was an excellent tool to have on my side. Me and two other draftees near me referenced it quite frequently. It is great have the ability to see the predicted points positionally whenever you want. You also have the tool of seeing other teams drafted players and can try to guess what they might do next. Here is the team I drated.

Starting QB: Aaron  Rodgers
Starting Running Backs: Marshawn Lynch , Ryan Mathews
Starting Wide Receivers: Andre Johnson, Wes Welker, Eric Decker
Starting Tight End: Rob Gronkowski

Starting Defense: Chad Greenway, Brian Cushing, Jared Allen
Starting Defensive Backs: Roman Harper, Greg Toler
Kicker: Stephen Gostkowski
Bench: Titus Young, Isaac Redman, Carson Palmer, Denarius Moore, James Harrison, Tamba Hali

I had the fifth pick of the draft. I initially took Aaron Rodgers. My second pick was Rob Gronkowski. My third pick was Marshawn Lynch. After that I was able to snag my receivers, my second running back and my other players in great positions. Max PPG and my own drafting strategy allowed me to obtain players that should not have been around when I was able to draft them. I was able to draft Ryan Matthews in the third round, Andre Johnson in the fourth, Wes Welker in the fifth. I drafted Eric Decker absurdly late. Jared Allan was almost my last pick. I had my eyes on players who were not being drafted, hoping they would fall to me and they frequently did. Max PPG gives you an amazing draft advantage compared to the pen and paper method. I was able to fill my team, and while other people were fixated on fulfilling certain positional needs, I was able to snag players who should not have been around.  I have written about my own philosophies on drafting in other posts. Combining those with the great tool allowed me to draft an excellent team. While people were drafting the best defensive players absurdly high I was able to sit back and analyze the situation. I did not draft players when there were many similar point producing players available.  My emphasis has never been wide receivers. However I was able to draft a stellar receiving core without taking a receiver in the first three rounds.  I highly advise checking out http://www.maxppg.com It will be a great addition to your fantasy football drafting.

No comments: