Monday, October 08, 2012

Week 6 Fantasy Advice (Pick Up, Waivnner, Trade)

It is extremely difficult to find suitable players to pick up right now. It is even more difficult if your league has a maximum amount of players you can pick up for the season. If your hands are extremely tied it may be a good idea to seek a trade. In a 10 person league their is usually plenty of players to be had from the waiver wire. An example of such a player would be Andre Roberts. Andre Roberts is a good receiver, the second option in the Cardinals pass happy offense, he is available in my 10 person league. He is not available in my 12 person league.

Bye weeks are hitting which is also causing some problems. I went from an under performing McFadden alongside Reggie Bush, with Lance Moore in the flex in week 4; to playing with Bush, Brandon Bolden, and having to pick up and play Greg Little in my flex this week. You have to truly examine your team and see if the guys you have do give you a shot at making the playoffs. This week was truly the most trying on me team in terms of key players having byes. I will have one more tough week in regards to byes. However the rest of the weeks seem to have a fairly bright outlook. Therefore I would like to make a small trade to improve my flex, or pick up a good player or two through the wire. I will not blow up my team. I would only make a major move to help my team if I was receiving a dominant player like Foster.

I know I will need to pick up players to have a good starting line up in week 7. Although it is hard not to panic as I lost my game this week, I don't have to pick anyone up this week. If I see someone promising on the waiver wire I will pick them up, however if I don't I can wait till after week 6. The fantasy football season is like the real football season, it is a war not a battle. It is about having the best team over the long haul. In my 12 team league four teams make the playoffs. I predict 8-6 will be the record of the lowest seed in the playoffs, it could be tight and come down to a tie breaker. My record is currently 2-3. I need to find a way to win as many games as possible, but keep in mind that I can not lose four more games, and should try not to lose three more. If your looking at your team and feel like their is little hope to make it into the playoffs be it off projections, your current record, or other indications, that is the time to shake up your team. I need to make a small move or two to make the playoffs, but I believe my team can get me to at least 8-6.

That is my general advice on how to handle a team. Always try to get good players from the wire, tread carefully when you trade. If your team is losing hope and you don't think you can squeak into the playoffs, it might be time to shake your team up and make a  big move. Below is a list of players who I believe have some fantasy upside. These players are my suggestions if you are in a fairly deep league, such as my 12 person one. If you are in a ten man league there may be better players available.

QB
  • Christian Ponder- A viable starter at this point. The Vikings have looked very good.
  • Kevin Kolb- Has had protection issues, however the Cards pass a ton. He will put up some numbers.

RB
  • Alex Green- Cedric Benson just went down. It is possible that Alex Green will take over the RB  role. If he does he will surely put up some points in the high power Packers offense.
  • William Powell- With Ryan Williams injury it could lead  to Powell getting starting reps for the Cardinals, hopefully they can start to run effectively. They play the Bills this week.
  • Danny Woodhead-Always has a chance to see some action depending on the Pats game plan. He will not save your team. But it is very possible that he will score or see some decent yardage in many weeks.
  • Brandon Bolden-Similar to Woodhead. He plays a much different role then Danny, however he seems to be the 2nd runningback in the powerful Pats offense. 

WR
  • Jeremy Kerley-He seems to have an expanding role in the Jets offense. He gets throws from Sanchez, and also returns kicks. The only downside is the Jets offense has not been good.
  • Mario Manningham-He scored a TD this week. He has seen more targets then Randy Moss thus far. He could prove to be a good pick up.
  • Golden Tate-He has scored a few times. An option in the Seahawks options. Similiar to Kerley his issue is his teams offense is not very good.


TE

  • Scott Chandler- A favored target of Ryan Fitzpatrick. He has had some good games.
  • Greg Olsen-Cam Newton is his quarterback. If the Panthers have a good game it is possible Olsen will to.
  • Joel Dressen -Peyton Manning often runs no huddle with two tight ends. Tamme and Dressen. Dressen will put up some adequate numbers.

No comments: