Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Week 1 Fantasy Thoughts/Review

It is great to once again be watching football! I watched many amazing moments this week. I saw Kevin Kolb step up when John Skelton was injured, Peyton Manning return to his old form, Tony Romo out performing Eli Manning, the list goes on and on. Week 1 was great from a fans perspective. I enjoyed every game I watched. But this post is not about replacement officials, bad calls, the NFC West, long beards or anything of the sort! It is about my fantasy teams! Here is my week one review.

10 Team IDP/3 WR League
The Funs 1-0
145.92-129.07

During the week I read about Issac Redman most likely not receiving a large amount of carries. I decided to pick up a running back from the waiver wire. Stevan Ridley was available. I picked him and he made a huge difference. I banked on the Patriots beating the Titans and they certainly did. Ridley put up an impressive 22.20 fantasy points. Eric Decker only produced 5.40, Welker 1.40, and Jared Allen put up 0.50. Fortunately the rest of my team all met their predicted points or exceeded them. Andre Johnson had a solid game with 18.90 points, and Aaron Rodgers had 28.92 points. I was happy to start off the season with a win in this league. Ridley was definitely a key pick up for me.


12 Team Flex League
Larry Eleven 1-0
117.08-75.72

Six out of my nine players exceeded their predicted points. Tony Romo had an excellent week, as did Julio Jones. I played Kevin Smith in my flex spot, and he put up great numbers for me. He put up 21 points. Rob Gronkowski also put up a nice 12 points. I beat my opponent by the largest margin of the week. The only under performers on my team were Buffalo's defense and Eric Decker.

I am 1-0 in both of my leagues. I am very happy with this. I have a pretty tough match up for Week 2 in my 12 man league. My opponent has Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, Peyton Manning, and Andre Johnson. Winning the game will really hinge upon Darren McFadden, Reggie Bush, Julio Jones, and Tony Romo. Those big four have to put up similar big numbers or exceed those of his big four. I am torn of whether to play Lance Moore or Kevin Smith in my flex. I know San Francisco has a tough defense, but I believe Kevin Smith still has the chance to put up 10 points or more . Fantasy football is not always about having a huge week. Obviously it is ideal to have a huge week, however I find it is advantageous to make sure you have guys who are going to consistently put up average points.  You want players who will exceed some weeks, but meet all weeks.

Week 2 Match Up

10 Man League (Projected Point Total For Week)
Me 1-0 151.91
My Opponent 0-1 137.45

12 Man League (Projected Point Total for Week)
Me 1-0 109.30
My Opponent 1-0 105.90


No comments: