Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Week 3 Fantasy Review/Thoughts


10 Team IDP/3 WR League
The Funs 1-2
145.07-151.47

I had picked up William Moore and Ed Reed off the wire. They combined for 20 points which I was extremely happy with. Chad Greenway had 10 tackles, 3 tackle assists, 2 sacks, and 1 tackle for loss. My defense totaled 51.5 points. My opponents defense totaled 35.5 points. Gostkowski gave me 12 points while Matt Bryant gave my opponent 3 points. My kicking and defense gave me 25 more points then my opponent. His offense had a great day.

Matt Stafford 20.32
Calvin Johnson 24.40
Antonio Brown 13.80
Mike Wallace 18.40
Darren Sproles 12.65
Donald Brown 10.10
Martellus Bennent 13.30

I could have won the game, unfortunately an Aaron Rodgers passing touchdown did not count. Neither Lynch nor Rodgers finished the game with many fantasy points and I lost my match up by a small margin. Aaron Rodger has disappointed me for the third week in a row. However he was sacked at least eight times and I will not give up on him yet. It was a high scoring match up against my opponent.

Aaron Rodgers 10.62
Andre Johnson 14.20
Wes Welker 16.20
Eric Decker 16.25
Marshawn Lynch 9.90
Michael Bush 13.30
Rob Gronkowski 2.10

It is extremely disappointing that I lost this match up. If Lynch or Rodgers could have put up a touchdown I would have won this game. I scored the 2nd highest point total in my league. If I had played any other team in my league I would have won. Although some players under performed I am still happy with my team. I really hope I can win my game next week. I do not want to fall to 1-3, next weeks game is a must win.

12 Team Flex League
Larry Eleven 2-1
81.42-110.10

Many unfortunate things happened to me this week in my 12 team league. I started Tony Romo who underperformed and only put up 6.32 points. Joe Flacco sat on my bench and put up 26.58 points. I am considering starting Joe Flacco over Romo next week. I can't have my quarterback put under 10 fantasy points on the board and expect to win games. Julio Jones put up 12.70 points, and Eric Decker finally proved worth the pick amassing 13.60 points without scoring a touchdown. Darren McFadden busted out of his slump and put up 17.50 points. Reggie Bush had 6.20 before going down right before halftime with an injury. Apparently the injury is not serious which is good going down the road. Gostkowski had 13 points, he puts up solid numbers every week. Rob Gronkowski did not put up much, only 2.10 points. That was disappointing but I don't believe will be a new trend. I played Kevin Smith in my flex. Everyone was reporting he was still the starter in Detroit, unfortunately it does not appear that way. Leshoure seems to have taken over the starting job. That really hurt me. My opponent had Andre Brown in the flex, he put up over 20 points. I had a guy who did not touch the ball once. I am trying to pick up Arizona's defense and Tashard Choice off waivers. C.J. Spiller is injured, as is Fred Jackson, it is worth taking a shot on Choice. There are almost no quality running backs available in free agency, hopefully I can land Choice. I wanted Arizona defense weeks ago but did not pull the trigger at the time. I am hoping that I can land Choice and Arizona off the wire. My opponent had 25 points from Andre Brown and 23 from Chicago's defense. This game has given me a lot of information on what I may need to do to win games from here on. I sit at 2-1 which is still great, however I don't want to lose many games as not many teams make the playoffs.



Week 4 Match Up


I hope to come back strong in both leagues and pick up wins. Starting Romo or Flacco could be a key decision and I hope Aaron Rodgers puts up the numbers that I hoped he would. The numbers from the past that inspired me take him early in the draft.

10 Man League (Projected Point Total For Week)
Me 1-2 151.45
My Opponent 2-1 125.28

12 Man League (Projected Point Total for Week)
Me 2-1 108.20
My Opponent 2-1 94.59

No comments: